Sunday, November 18, 2007

A thought.

In this town, there is public transportation. It has never seemed that great, but at least it's adequate.

Except, it's not.

There is barely a bus on Saturday, and there isn't one on Sunday. It is starting to get pretty damn cold out and, ok, I like biking and I'm pretty fit, so fine. I can go places (except my bike is starting to break down) as long as I bundle up. Others? Too bad.

Maybe there is an argument that Sunday most businesses aren't open, so people don't need to go anywhere, it should be a day off, a day at home. Perhaps, even, a day for family - except, of course, if your family doesn't all live in the same house/same neighborhood/etc. My neighbor works at Taco Hell and walks over an hour to work if he doesn't take the bus.

It just seems like a total f u to poor people.

No comments: