For now - reader's notes (mainly, things/people/ideas/images/etc that I want to look up). Also added a post reflecting on the book.
- Yosuke Yamahata - man who saw both Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombed
- Titian's "Flaying of Marsyas"
- Goya's works on war and suffering... soldiers run amok. (update: a set of images like this is really cool to view through the space-time browser)
- or dostoyevsky
- Tennyson's "The Charge of the Light Brigade" - refers to the Crimean War
- Baudelaire's journals
- Turgenev on the execution of Troppman
- Hara's "The Emperor's Naked Army Marches On" (update - damn. watched this via netflix.)
- Jeff Wall's "Dead Troops Talk"